Degree-level Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Assistant (Apprenticeship)
In partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University
About the role
This is an excellent entry-level role ideally suited to someone looking to kick-start their career in digital marketing at an award-winning SEO agency and at the same time study for a degree in Digital Marketing from Manchester Metropolitan University.
The primary role of Digital Marketing Assistant at Aqueous Digital will be to provide specialist Search Engine Optimisation support to our digital marketing team and help drive first-class results and account management services for our customers.
You will need to be technically competent, articulate and be able to represent the business when dealing with external customers and suppliers.
As well as day-to-day technical SEO, you will help with co-ordinating content production and outreach campaigns for a range of customer across many different sectors. The role offers an opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of the way that Google and other search engines work as well as studying all areas of digital marketing as part of your degree course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
You will also learn how to conduct competitor and gap analysis, as well as staying up-to-date on SEO trends, best practices, technical updates and other important developments in the digital marketing sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing award-winning digital marketing company and to learn and develop in a genuinely happy, lively and driven working environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a specialist digital marketing team to deliver agreed targets
- Ensure customer websites are fully optimised for search engines
- Help deliver link-building and outreach campaigns
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve the performance of customer websites using tools such as Google Analytics, SEMRush and AHRefs.
- Produce monthly performance reports and website audits
- Carry out customer competitor research and marketing research to inform SEO strategies
- Copywriting and editing – write articles, press releases, blog posts and website copy to a high standard
- Assist the team with building and optimising campaigns across other channels
- Keeping up-to-date with current digital marketing trends and suggesting new ideas to improve digital marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity with a result focus
- Good organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assume responsibility for a task as directed
- Team player – a readiness to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- A strong interest in digital marketing and a desire to learn
- Good problem solver and uses own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible, adaptable approach
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Prepared to go the extra mile when necessary
- A creative thinker who will bring new ideas to the team
Apprenticeship Programme requirements = 104 UCAS points (Equivalent to minimum BCC grades at A-Level). Other entry options are also available.
Note: all course fees will be covered by Aqueous Digital and The Government.
Salary: £19,305 per annum (Aqueous Digital is an accredited Living Wage employee)
- Holiday allowance (25 days per year)
- Flexible Working and Work Life Balance options
- Employer Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym benefit
- Technology and mobile benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility and charitable support policy
- We are a Living Wage Employee
- Personal skill development and individual training plan (See the skills and training section of our website for full details)
About Aqueous Digital
Aqueous Digital is an award-winning, family-run digital marketing agency based in Cheshire.
We specialise in organic and paid internet search, website content strategy and reputation management.
Founded in 2011, we set out with a clear vision to provide a different type of digital marketing service: a service based entirely on trust, loyalty, and collaboration (TLC).
Now a decade later, those core values are as central to our ethos as they have ever been. We stand by our caring, down-to-earth, ethical approach to business, but this does not just apply to our customers, we carry this through to how we treat our employees too.
We recently won Best Small Integrated Search Agency at the prestigious UK Search Awards, Best Small Integrated Search Agency at the European Search Awards, Best Global Small Integrated Agency at the Global Search Awards and Best Small Integrated Digital Agency at the UK Growth Awards 2021.
Main office: Sutton Weaver, Runcorn, Cheshire. Flexible working options are available including working from home and hybrid working.
Study: Manchester Metropolitan University, City Centre Manchester.
Full-time contract with time off (20%) to allow for course study and attendance at Manchester Metropolitan University. On completion of the degree apprenticeship a full time role will be available at Aqueous Digital.
How to apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
104 UCAS Points or strong experience in digital marketing is required for entry onto the course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Telephone enquiries: 01928 566777
UK RESIDENTS ONLY WITH VALID WORKING VISA
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE